King Cole Truffle DK
We can sometimes be prone to cheerful exaggeration, but please, believe me when I say this, because it's very important...
FFFLLLUUUUUFFFFFYYYYYYY!!! FLUFFY FLUFFY FLUFFY!
Now that's out of our system- this yarn is a gorgeously soft DK, with none of the irritable scratchiness that can come with furry acrylic yarns. Truffle knits up like a softer, slightly higher-pile fleece blanket, showing none of your knitted stitches and making a deliciously soft, warm, stretchy fabric.
Truffle is best used for cuddly toys, blankets, and winter accessories like cowls, scarves, hats, and mittens. It would make a great garment, but only for really cold days, and with a pattern you know well, as picking up stitches for the sleeves is going to require all the lights in your house and take 5 years off your vision. Maybe go for a yoke instead.
It looks amazing striped, but we wouldn't recommend any complicated Fairisle as it will get lost easily. Same with cables and lacework. Have fun and stay snuggly!
- Fibre: 30% Wool, 70% Acrylic.
- Amount: 100g.
- Metres: 180 metres.
- Yards: 196 yards.
- Washing: mild wash at 30, dry flat and don't put it in the tumble dryer!
- Suggested Hook: 4mm or 5mm.
- Suggested Needle: 4mm or 5mm.
- Stocking Stitch Gauge: for 4mm needles 28 stitches x 18 rows OR 5mm needles 21 stitches x 15 rows both over 4"(10cm).